Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Trying busy in idle time :)

At these several days, I write down a journal in my blog frequently. Yes, currently I often in idle at office. Almost 2 weeks without new job and every day just doing transfer knowledge to my friends who will take all of my responsible since I go to head office.

Then I tried some java technology in my free time, I have explore how to access Scanner and Web Camera device via Java. Horay, I 'd like to thank to all java developer in the world, because they already created some utility class to support those exercises :p. FYI, to connect scanner device via Java you can refer to these following articles :
As additional you can also follow the milestone of JTwain Project . Because it's relative new so currently you can't get the real implementation from it :(. Please be patient bro.

The second exercise is I used JMF (Java Media Framework) to connect, access and capture from Web Camera device via Java. It's very really simple, just install JMF library , then register device using JMFRegistry and create SwingCapture class . Finnally, it's done and working properly. FYI, I used webcam from logitech family , and I am not guarantee for another webcam brand will be running OK in JMF.

I am very happy because I can still doing my hobby in my busy work :p. I hope this article will give some benefits for other java developer.

No comments: