Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eclipse beats Netbeans in RCP application

I've got bad luck with Netbeans platform when I tried to create Rich Client Platform (RCP) application under that platform. Very lack tutorial, very hard configuration and very difficult to learn about the architecture. No good book that covers all of functionalities, I only found this link, http://platform.netbeans.org/, to create RCP from scratch and finally I was surrender and very struggle.

Now I am very satisfied with Eclipse RCP platform. There are many tutorials, good books, and also very nice design inside this technology. Just following step by step from the book and continues with implementing I feel how easy to create RCP with eclipse. Very simple and very rational able for beginner like me.

I am really like eclipse now, and also always using it in my java development. I think Netbeans needs more enhancement to compete with eclipse.

Which do you choose ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.